I was looking for a center object for a diaper cake. On tutorials that I read, a lot of people used a roll of paper towel. I wanted to try something different. In my stash I had a tin container that was waiting for a project such as this. My diaper cake had a Winnie the Pooh theme, so I wanted to make this a Winnie the Pooh tin.
I mod podged some drop cloth on the lid and around the perimeter of the tin. I added ribbon to cover the edges. Then I got my daughter to paint Pooh on the tin and a butterfly on the lid. I added a drawer pull to the lid
This is the start of the diaper cake. I will post it soon.
I seen a card somewhere on Pinterest with this saying - "Dad - You are Wheelie Great!" The saying is perfect for my husband for Father's Day. I was originally going to make this a candy bouquet, but it turned out to be more like a big 3D card with candy and sweets in it.
Here is what I did:
1. I started with a base from a waxed paper box. I cut off the top and wrapped it in kraft paper.
2. I cut out green card stock (different tones) and glued a short one on the front of the box and a taller one to the inside back of the box.
2. I loaded the base with packaged M&M's and peanuts, and then I dumped chocolate covered almonds on top to give a rocky road effect.
3. I glued card stock bike rider images (FIND IMAGE HERE) to the grass scenery that I previously glued wrapped Oreo cookies to. I printed out extra images to glue the tire area of the image to the front of the cookie to cover them.
4. I glued paper grass cut outs here and there to the green areas.
5. I glued two pieces of cardboard (that was about 1/4 inch depth) to the back of the tall greenery to give the display some depth. Then I glued a scenery background that I printed off my computer. Find image HERE.
I printed out the saying I made - and ended up cutting it to make it fit.
My daughter is going to make a movie to go with this gift from clips off her dad's GoPro from rides he has recorded. It will make for a wheelie great gift!!
Welcome to my blog! I have been busy, busy with Father's Day preparations. This gift pack is geared towards new dad's with the goal of prepping them in a fun way for their future important mission of being an awesome dad.
Here is what I put in the kit:
There were four envelopes. Each one of them contained items that corresponded to a special mission.
Mission #1 Operation James Bond Time
This envelope contained items to help with daddy/baby time.I purchased a book called "We Belong Together" by Joyce Wan (this book is adorable - great art and textured) and a toy.
Mission #2 Operation Stealth Mode
This envelope contained items that may encourage sleep.I purchased soothers, a receiving blanket and an eye cover.
Mission #3 Diffuse the Bomb
This envelope contained items to help daddy with diaper changing duty- wipes, diapers, and a garbage bag with a warning label "Danger Hazardous Waste"
Mission #4 Flaming Fire
This envelope contained a match book I made with tips on Mommy and Daddy relations.
I put the envelopes in a box I covered with kraft paper (it was a square pop box cut in half)
and I glued the special mission letter to it:
Here are the tags for each envelope:
This was a lot of fun and rewarding to give!
Do you know someone who is going to be a new daddy soon? Why don't you give this a try?