Friday, May 3, 2013

Mother's Day Candy Bouquets



Hello! Welcome to my blog!
I couldn't get past this Mother's Day without making my new addiction:
CANDY BOUQUET'S!!!!!
I started this candy bouquet adventure by figuring out what chocolates and candies were available. I needed most of them wrapped. When I found the goodies, then I chose my color themes and bases.


The yellow theme bouquet has a bean can for the base that I covered with drop cloth and added lace and pearls to. CLICK HERE to see how I prepare a can for a candy bouquet. Pretty much all the goodies and fillers are glued to wooden skewers and then poked into a styrofoam ball, with the exception of a couple flowers that were on a wire stem. After I have all the items poked into the foam the way I like them - I fill the holes with tulle. 



The blue theme bouquet had a frosted glass vase that I purchased at a second hand store for 25 cents. I hot glued a styrofoam ball to the bottom - I did not need to add weight as the glass had enough weight to it to be sturdy.

The pink theme bouquet has a glass vase that I purchased at a dollar store, and I filled it with pearls - the frugal way, by making a cylinder out of card stock a little more narrow than the vase and filling the pearls between the cylinder and the glass. I put a styrofoam ball in the middle of the cylinder for the skewers. 


Here is the Mother's day tag!

Visit my other Mother's Day gift ideas (Click on pics to go to post)

Kick up Your Feet and Relax Gift Basket

Oversized card with pics and nice sentiment


Mother - What you mean to me - Envelope Album


Salad Gift Basket With Recipe Book

Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up to:

1 comment:

  1. i found your website the other day and after reading a handful of posts thought i would say thank you for all the great content keep it coming i will try to stop by here more often to get new information visit here you can get the next event s idea with a great arrangement from a site it can be followed with a full satisfication a href http www reasonablegifts com women gift baskets a women gift baskets

    ReplyDelete