Thursday, April 5, 2012

Burlap Bunny with Pattern


I decided to go on the "cute" side for my spring wreath this year. I decided to make a burlap bunny. This is how I did it....
1. I made a pattern, and cut out all the pieces in burlap.
2. I machine stitched all the corresponding pieces together leaving an opening in each piece to add stuffing. I did the ears first so I could sew the ear bottoms in the seam when I sewed the body together.  I stitched all openings closed, and stitched the remaining body pieces to the bunny.
3. I stitched black bead on for the eyes, brown felt for the nose and added other facial features with paint. I chalked pink in the ears, arms, feet and cheeks. I frayed the burlap a bit.
* I sewed an extra "insert" ear piece to the ears with scrap burlap after I stuffed the ears. It adds dimension but it is not necessary*


I attached the bunny to a twig wreath by threading wire through the bottom of the bunny and securing the wire to the twigs.


If you would like to try making this bunny - the pattern is below. Right click, copy and paste into your favorite computer program and resize to fill the page. Print and cut.



Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. Oh I absolutely LOVE your little burlap bunny! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing the pattern -- it's on my "things to do soon" list!

    ReplyDelete