Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy New Year - Quick Party Hat Idea

Happy New Year to everyone! It has been a busy yet wonderful holiday. I made these quick and easy party hats to wear tonight to ring in the New Year kind of festive looking. I got the idea from 
Whimsy Decor - who had a wonderful New Year's place setting idea.

I printed out a clock graphic from Graphics Fairy. I drew in the hands. 
I printed out a party hat on some music cardstock paper - also from Graphics Fairy. The party hat pattern I got from Oh Happy Day blog. I resized it to fill the page to make it large enough. 
I printed out "2012" on cardstock. All the cardstock I used was off white.

I used some leftover curling ribbon from Christmas presents to top the hat - and some sparkly garland that I haven't put on my tree in ages around the base of the hat. I just stapled the garland on. I used some gold elastic - left over from the gift wrap - for the tie that goes under your chin. 
I put the clock on the hat using a jewel brad - and I used double sided tape to adhere the 2012 banner. I think I will use these again next year and change the date. 
All the best to you in the New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Adorably awesome! Have fun tonight.
    Happy New Year,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this party hat. Thank you for all your inspiration this year! You have been a hi-light. Happy New Year...many blessing to you in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the party hat must put people in the mood to party! I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can!

    ReplyDelete