Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Peanut-Butter Granola Balls Recipe

With school back in session I have been thinking about snack ideas. I do not recommend packing this one in a lunch because of all the nut allergies out there - but it makes a delicious after school snack.



I found this recipe on the MARTHA STEWART website. The recipe calls for crisp rice cereal. I don't buy crisp rice cereal. I have made this recipe with several different cereals to clean out my cupboard. I had a box of Just Right cereal and it was delicious in this recipe. I have also used Special K. It was okay, but not as good as the Just Right. I think I will try Vector cereal next.


Peanut Butter Granola Balls

1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup crisp rice cereal
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup dried fruit
In a small saucepan over medium, heat honey, peanut butter, and butter. Stir until loosened and smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cereal, oats, and dried fruit.
Drop mixture by the tablespoon into mini paper cupcake or candy liners. Place on a rimmed baking sheet, and refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes. To store, refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 week.



No comments:

Post a Comment